What Can You Put Into Your Storage Unit?
Spring cleaning is almost in full affect and you might be wondering how to store items in your storage unit efficiently. Here’s a small list that might help you get started.
- Pads, sheets and blankets are a great way to protect fragile items.
- Instead of cardboard boxes, use plastic containers so you can see the items inside.
- Label boxes or containers on all sides and the top; or print a list of all items and tape it on the outside of the box.
- Boxes should be stored with the heavier boxes and items on the bottom.
- To save space, take apart items like your table, bed frame or bookcases.
- When storing appliances such as a microwave or a refrigerator, leave the doors slightly open to avoid mildew.
- Instead of folding clothing items, use wardrobe boxes so items can remain hanging.
- Finally, create a list of all items you put into storage.
Our mini storage units come in 5×5, 5×10, 10×10, 10×20, 10×25 and 10×30, so give us a call today to check for availability!